ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET

I have a Toshiba color tv model 27a62. When I turn the set

I have a Toshiba color tv model 27a62. When I turn the set on it will repeatedly click as if it were tring to come on and eventually it will come on and function normally. This occurs when using the remote control or the power button. Turing it off is no problem.
I am at the point now where the tv is not coming on at all, but I can hear the repeated clicking as if it wants to.
Do you have any ideas about what the problem might be? And how much it might cost to fix?

Category: TV
Expert:  ProTV and Audio replied 6 years ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for inquiring concerning your Toshiba 27A62.

As the filter component in the power supply of the TV ages it develops less voltage. It will become more difficult to turn-on, and then eventually will repeatedly click and then not turn on at all.

An experienced technician can repair your set for approximately $105.00-$135.00 on a walk in basis depending on parts and labor, and more if a service call is required as rates vary according to the distance traveled.

If you do not know of a repair center, please log on to and enter your zip code to locate a qualified service center.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please do not hesitate to ask any further questions.