Ask 25 Year Electronic Tech Your Own Ques...
25 Year Electronic Tech
25 Year Electronic Tech, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Consumer Electronics Technician, Component Level, 10+ years Telecommunication Engineer
13668226

my jvc tv has no picture, but there is sound , when i power

Customer Question

my jvc tv has no picture, but there is sound , when i power it on the picture comes on about 1 sec and blanks out,,please help
Category: TV
Expert:  25 Year Electronic Tech replied 6 years ago.

Customer,

Good evening,

Try this, make sure there is video being sent to the screen, if you have sound then it should have video .

To determine if your back lights have stopped functioning do the following: Turn tv on and using a flash light or other light source, shine light directly into tv screen cup hands around your eyes and get right up to the screen and view into the screen, look very closely to see if you can make out an image, it will be faint. Try accessing the menu or changing the channels or something that would cause some graphics on the screen. If you can see an image then this indicates the back lights are not functioning, probably due to a faulty inverter board. Please let me know your results.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thers no image, the only image comes on when i turn on the power and it appears for 1 sec ond goes out,,i cut the lights in the room,and the screen is still dark

Customer,

If there is no image, even using an external light source, then probably the signal board has issues. It is a quite expensive board. I would suggest to contact an authorized service center and arrange for an estimate of repair. We could guess at which board is bad, but if it is not the right one it will cost just as much as having a service tech repair it the first time. Hope this helps,

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i can see images in the background
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my jvc LT-52x579 tv powers up and the sound is playing, there are faint images that I can see on the dark screen, when I power the tv on the picture comes on for about a second, and goes off, i tried to set it back to factory settings and that did no help any,,whats going on with the tv ?

Customer,

If you can see images after the screen goes dark then it indicates that your backlight is not functioning. I have searched and have had no luck finding how the backlights are powered on this tv. My thought is maybe they are powered by the power supply board. My suggestion would be to contact your local authorized service center and see about an estimate of repair.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
even if the picture apears only for a second,,is there any other way to reset this tv?

Customer,

Take a look at this link, not sure it applies to your situation. It is the fifth topic down from the top, it starts out For models...... It includes your model number.

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/support/support.jsp?pageID=1&item=16#391

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes thanks already tried this

Customer,

Sorry, There is just too many variables when trying to trouble shoot over the internet. I think at this point a technician is your best bet, I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. Good luck

Regards