TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

The picture on my Samsung TV is zoomed in and too big

Customer Question

The picture on my samsung tv seems to be zoomed in and too big for the screen- it was working fine and this happened all of a sudden
Category: TV
Expert:  jhawk6511 replied 5 years ago.

You could check to see if you have either the TV or the DVD player in zoom mode. You would need to go in the picture settings of your television, and also check the setup menu of your DVD player. Also, some remotes for cable have "zoom" mode. If you have that feature, maybe that was pressed by accident?

Hopefully this helps, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i trided all of that to no avail.
Expert:  jhawk6511 replied 5 years ago.
The button on your remote may be called: PSIZE (Picture Size). This is the button that may have been pressed that accidentally caused the zoom.
Let me know.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i tried this also

Expert:  jhawk6511 replied 5 years ago.
Could you please reply with the model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  jhawk6511 replied 5 years ago.

It looks like the troubleshooting advice I provided matches the steps you have already taken. I am sorry I could not resolve the problem; however, I think you have taken the steps to rule out tv programming errors. I did my best at providing the troubleshooting steps, so you may need to have a TV tech take a look at it.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'm going to take a look at your entire system to see why you have a ZOOMED picture.

Most of the time the PSIZE setting is set to ZOOM and it should be set to FULL.

However, to ISOLATE WHERE the ZOOM is coming from....we use the 4:3/NORMAL PSIZE setting, and we look at a channel like ESPN or MSNBC because they have scoreboards at the bottom of the picture....

And if you have your TV PSIZE set to 4:3 -- You should SEE the scoreboard at the bottom.

Now if your Scoreboard is STILL ZOOMED OUT....then we need to deal with the Cable box's settings and the DVD player if you have problems there....

So set your TV's PSIZE to 4:3, Look at MSNBC or ESPN and tell me if you see the whole scoreboard or not.