Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

My Sony Bravia tv has vertical lines on one side of the screen.

My Sony Bravia tv has vertical lines on one side of the screen. They look almost like a curtain. The program is on and clear but has the lines . Please advise me what to do. The model is KDL-40S4100 and the serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Searcy AR. 72143

Are the vertical lines different colors?

How long have you owned the TV?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The vertical lines are different colors-they changed every few minutes. i have had this tv for almost 2 years. I just checked my tv and it is working fine . Can you tell me what happened and why it suddenly fixed itself?

The vertical striping is normally caused by a defective T-Con board, a defective LCD panel or a loose connection on one of these. A poor solder connection will often cause intermittent problems. Sooner or later the problem will continue all the time until it is fixed. The T-con board used to be considered unrepairable but Sony has now made the parts available and have issues a service bulletin on the repair. If the LCD panel has become defective the repair will cost more than a new TV will coat. Using the information you provided I expect the problem is a poor solder connection. T-Con board repair or the poor solder connection, loose connection should cost $350 or less.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.
Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Using the opt out feature. Once a customer opts out the expert, that expert cannot respond to any other post that may be made in the post. Please make sure you no longer wish the expert to have the ability to reply to you before using the opt out feature, The customer can asks the expert to opt out, This will open the question to all experts in the category, prompting them to reply if they have a different information.

Thank you for the accept, positive feedback and the bonus. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Edited by Edward on 3/27/2010 at 3:45 AM EST