Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

On my 42 inch panasonic plasma tv a horizontal white line

On my 42 inch panasonic plasma tv a horizontal "white line" appeared. It is not really white but seems that the pixels on that horizontal line to be "improperly colored" and from a distance it looks "whiteish" from close though one can see that the pixels are not white but they have wrong colors giving an impression of "white line" if you watch it from distance.
What may be causing this and would this be a problem of the glass panel or a problem of some other part/accessory.

Thanks for your attention.
Peter
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

Ok friend you have a driver board failing if you would open the set and on the left side is the Y-sustain board there are two boards connected to the Y SUS board. The one on the top drives the top half of the picture and the one on the bottom drives the lower half of the picture open the ribbon cables make sure to clean it or Re solder if you see needed turn set on and test, sometimes cleaning this will fix problem sometimes re soldering will fix problem and last resort is, the board itself is bad or the panel Now you should be able to repair.

Picture of plasma and operation

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks.

Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

could you tell me about how much could this cost me if a technician comes out to do the repair?

This depends on were you live some shops will charge around 300.00 for labor, Hopefully not parts in your situation, they may solder the connection on these driver boards and may fix, but these boards are around 20.00

well wish you the best