Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.

i was watching my sony KDS-R60XBR1 SXRD when the red light

i was watching my sony KDS-R60XBR1 SXRD when the red light started flashing and the screen went black .. i chesked the lamp and it had blown ... i replaced it with a new i had just purchased last month ... when i turned it on it blinked green and then started blinking re so i turned it off ... i ended up checking the lamp placement 3 times to make sure it was installed properly ... still did the same thing ............. ?????

When the red light starts blinking, how many times does it blink before it pauses and starts blinking again?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
once it goes from green to red, it continues to blink red, but not in intervals ... yesterday before i called it would blink in intervals of three, but this morning after checking to make sure the lamp was seated correctly and the door was properly in place it has been blinking green for about a minute when i turn it on then changes to red in a continual blinking ........... i've tried reinstalling the lamp about 6 or 7 times over the past 24 hours ....................... i'm afraid to let it blink red for too long because of the fear the lamp might become damaged or blow this one too

Then most likely what you have is either a new defective lamp (not likely, but possible), or the lamp power supply is defective.

By the way, blinking in 3 flash intervals means the lamp door isn't closed securely, but it looks like you don't have that problem anymore.

Are you at all handy with electronics, have a voltmeter, and would be comfortable taking the back off of the set? If so, I might be able to help you figure this out.

If not, then of course you're going to need a tech to help you.

Let me know if you'd like to try, and thanks for using JustAnswer!