Joe, Electronic Tech
Experience:  Over 30 years in electronics, Board Repair, TV's, Gaming,

Vizio VP322 HDTV10A Suddenly Wont Turn On.

Customer Question

I own a Vizio VP322 HDTV10A. All of a sudden it won't turn on regardless if I try the remote or manually press the power button on the side of tv. It was working fine last night. Never had any problems until now. Usually when I turn it on (when it worked) I could hear an audible click and the standby light would turn to white to indicate the tv is turned on. No loud pops or clicks indicating that something blew up. Standby light (amber color) is on indicating power is being received by the tv, no clicks, no noises of any sort, just won't turn on. Any idea which board I need to replace?
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
This is a common problem with this model, the power supply needs repair, if you take the back off you will see a couple of electrolytic caps that are bulged, and they need replace , or buy a new power supply at
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the reply Joe. I took a look on my only options seem to be:

Part # XXXXX

Part # XXXXX

Do I need any of those?
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
No, you need power supply board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more thing. Can you tell me how to remove the back panel?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I figured out how to remove the back panel. But I'm not seeing any bulging or leaking capacitors on the power supply board or on any board for that matter.
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
A cap can look good and still be bad, do you see any caps, that have a dome shape on top?Where either way you still have a bad power supply, very common on that set.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
All of the caps look fine. I just replaced the power supply board and it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
On the inverter board there be a voltage written on the board and make sure that voltage right going to the inverter, changing the power supply should have fixed your problem