Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

I bought a used sanyo mod. DS31520 without a remote. I think

I bought a used sanyo mod. DS31520 without a remote. I think it has the parental lock set because I can't change channels, all I get is the video input. If I buy a universal remote will that allow me to turn off the parental lock or will I have to buy a tv remote, also I don't have a owners manual can you give me instuctions to deactivate the parental lock?
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello Waldo, welcome to Just Answer.

Sanyo TV are not widely supported by all universal remote (especially the input button). It seem you are stuck in that mode. you can try to locate an input button on the TV but they don't all have that (many time it's only on the remote).

I uploaded you the owner manual at this link: (click me).

If you want a remote, you can get this one: (click me). The remote have the input button to go from video input to tuner and the V guide button (parental control).