James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)
24944807
TV

How do I remove the flatscreen TV from the wall-mount bracket

? The bracket slides... Show More
? The bracket slides laterally until it hits the end stops. Is there a release of some sort which will allow me to separate the part of the wall mount which attaches to the TV from the part which attaches to the wall?
Category: TV
replied 7 years ago.
Hi There,

Typically with flat screen mounts, you'll find that you need to lift the TV vertically upwards then towards you to remove it from the wall.

Some brackets have screws at the bottom end that need to be undone before you can lift the unit vertically.

Hope this helps

Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

The lower part of the bracket (attached to the TV) appears to be double. The two part appear to be pop-riveted together. With this pop-rivet removed, the tv could then be tilted away from the wall part of the mount and lifted off the upper "lip" by which it hangs from the wall bracket. As long as these two "layers" of the lower part of the bracket remain riveted together, the TV will not pull away from the wall part of the mount.

James, Technician replied 7 years ago.
Hi There,

Are you able to post an image of the bracket, I'm struggling to visulise the bracket.

Thanks