Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

We have a Samsung LCD (model #LN46A650A1FXZA). Recently, When

Customer Question

We have a Samsung LCD (model #LN46A650A1FXZA). Recently, When turned on, it attempts to engage, but instead, seems to turn itself off and try to restart again. So we are just getting the cute musical tones over and over again, as it tries to turn on. We diconnected it from the surge protector-but it did not make any difference.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Poor start up problems with these sets and many other models with Samsung are bad electrolytic capacitors on the powerboard

View Full Image
View Full Image
View Full Image

The picture shows a typical capacitor thats failing ie the bulging heads

They can also leak electrolyte or dry-out, the majority of the time though for this condition on samsung models is this bulging or venting of the capacitor due to overstress on its dielectric inside

The solution is to change these capacitors however an ability to solder and desolder is required and a quality soldering station or iron, cost would be under $30

Please let me know if you can do this and I will provide more info

Alternatively the powerboard could be replaced complete available at or a very easy job just some screws plugs and sockets this way would be $100-$150

Just let me know and I will locate the board for you

A technician would charge $250 for this repair subject to the set being brought to the repair facility an independant repair shop would be ok as the fault is now well known

If you have questions or indeed need more info please ask