Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

Hi,I have a Insignia lcd tv ns lcd 19. When you turn it on,

Customer Question

I have a Insignia lcd tv ns lcd 19. When you turn it on, the screen says: please wait and then nothing: the screen stays dark like it was off;
Thank you,
Edward
Category: TV
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Can you give me the model number, I will check my repair data base for known problems.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is Insignia lcd tv model # XXXXX 19

Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Hi

I cannot find any info on this problem in my repair data base.

I will opt out and open the question to other experts that may have the answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your answer does not helph me solve my problem.Tell me,why should pay for that.

Edward

Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

You should not pay until you get an acceptable answer.

I opted out because I do not have a answer, I did not find any info on this model.

The question is still open to other Experts to try and answer.

DO NOT ACCEPT until you receive an acceptable answer from someone..

I apologize that I do not have the info you need.

Allen

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, i will not pay for no info.

Thank you,

Edward

Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
Hi Edward,

I will try to assist, once the TV goes off, after the "Please Wait" screen, does the power light blink or change color, or does it go off also?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Rod,

Tv stays on with the green light like waiting for the picture to come on.

Thank you,

Edward

Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
Hi Edward,

Besides the LCD panel, there are three main circuits for an LCD TV, the inverter board, that powers the back lights. A digital mainboard, for all all the signal processing, including the TVs controls, and the power supply.

I do not have a service manual for your specific model, but a similar model. Since your startup screen starts, this points to the digital main board or the power supply (missing a voltage). All circuits can "issue" a shutdown command, which only leaves the logic voltage enabled and turns off any other voltages (do you hear any clicking).

If you have some test equipment, you can test the power supply voltages for proper output. They are usually marked with the voltages on the connection points. If the voltages are present, it could be the main board - the connections should be removed from the other boards first, to check for voltages, to preclude a shutdown command disabling the voltages.

Otherwise, you will have to have it diagnosed to determine the exact problem. A diganostic charge will run about $45-$75, depending on your location. The diagnostic charge will apply towards labor for repairs. The boards are replaced, except sometimes, the power supply components can be replaced. A digital main board can cost about $150, a power supply about $40 (cheaper than labor to replace parts); however, this model uses about 4 different versions of boards so they do have to be matched to the boards in your TV.

To me, the repair, may not be cost effective, a replacement unit might be better.

Ask if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience: FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.