Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Magnavox TV/DVD Combo has a dvd stuck in the dvd holder.

My Magnavox TV/DVD Combo has a dvd stuck in the dvd holder. It's Mod. 20MF251W/37. The TV works fine but I had an instructional dvd I wanted to watch that was smaller than a normal dvd. I put it in and it automatically pulled in the dvd but I couldn't watch it, nor will it come out now.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

On the Magnavox 20MF251W/37, have you tried:

• using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to 'jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; and/or
  • spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; or
  • consider use a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.

Good luck and thank you for asking JustAnswer.

Edited by Benimur on 3/6/2010 at 6:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I tried many times to fish it out with a longer phone card which is 2 times the length of a credit card. I had a canister of compressed air that I use to clean computer screens, but that didn't bring it out. I did hold the eject button down the entire time also. My tweezers were not thin enough to go into the slot.

On the bottom of the DVD stand there are several screws holding it together. Do I dare unscrew it and see what's in there?

Rather than that, try setting the face down on a table with a protective sheet or cloth. Position that the base/DVD drive will allow free access. Try ejecting in such a position or the above suggested workarounds.

I would not suggested disassembling the base DVD deck without familiarity working with electronic components & circuitry, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity.

Edited by Benimur on 3/6/2010 at 8:35 PM EST