TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

Samsung 52 LCD TV will not turn on. no light LN52A650A1F

Customer Question

Samsung 52' LCD TV will not turn on. no light LN52A650A1F
tried changing capacitors on power supply.
changed the 2 10v 1000uf.
the 2 25v look good.
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 4 years ago.

Hi,I will try to help you with this question.

Is the TV 'clicking" or indicates any kind of power-is the LED lighting?Are you able to perform some voltage checks?-or other kind of troubleshooting?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is no power at all.

Checked the fuse at the power supply and it has continuity so i don;t think that is the problem.

The fact that the fuse is not blown,it does not mean that the power supply is working.

This is a switching mode power supply and many other things can go bad without to blow the fuse,that is in the primary of the power supply.

Are you able to check the STB 5V out coming from the power supply?

Is it there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The 5v you mention is by the caps that are known to blow.

If you could tell me how. I could check it.

Also, I have no problem buying a new power supply. Found 1 for about 100 on parts supply web site. I just don't want to start changing parts and that not be the problem.

Ok,

First you need to check the 5V stand by at the capacitor C114.

Do you have any 5V on C114?

You should have this voltage as soon the power supply is connected to AC line without any command from the main board.

Is it there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

don't see c114.

All capacitors are labeled CM8__.

It should be on the power supply,see below:

graphic

But do not worry ,just check the same STB 5V on the big connector going to the main board.

It should be labeled as STB5V or only 5V.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm still looking for it. I can't seem to find anything labeled as such.

I don't do this much.

The print screen you sent said if the red indicater light is on to check this 114.

the light is not on with power up.

Is it your opinion that the problem is the power supply board?

The manufacturers have sometimes weird way to check things.

I would check this 5V stand By first,without to look at the LED,because this voltage is the one that powers the LED,once the LED is lighting,then I would say the the 5V stand By is OK!(since the LED is ON).

Yes,since you do not have LED light at all,and nothing happens when the power button is pushed,no clicking or any other power indication-I would suspect the power board.

But to be sure we would have to check this 5V first.

let me know if you have it or not

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can I log on tomorrow and finalize this?

Sure!

Just post back to the same question like now,and I will be able to see it!

Thank you

Edited by euro-pro llc on 3/2/2010 at 4:42 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks,

Thank you!

Did you get the chance to check the 5V stand by ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

euro-pro

I don't know how to check the 5v stand.

So I ordered a power supply.

I'll try that first and if I still cannot get the set to work I will get back with you and

maybe you can explain how to check the stand if I can find it.

The other thing is that I paid ALOT of money for this set $3,000.00 and have it

for only 1.5 years. Needless to saty I'm P.Oed about it.

Samsung should buck up and fix it for free.

No problem,just let me know,and I will gladly help you.

Thank you