Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

have a 19 hdtv model 19mf337b/27 Magnavox It is almost

Customer Question

have a 19" hdtv model 19mf337b/27 Magnavox

It is almost 2 years old

I can not get it to hold the stations in memory after it been off.
Turn it on and it takes forever to come on . When it does I dont have all the channels that I had before.
The color is terrific and the picture is great.

Is this simple to fix or should I give up and get another TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-When you say that it is slow to turn on, how long is it taking?

-Do you have straight cable coming out of the wall and going into the tv?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a hdtv ant not a salellite cable its taking amywhere from 1 hr or more to come on it also has green light on in front it will show the local station no but no picture then it heated up an the pictyre will come on
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 7 years ago.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $350

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $400-$500 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan