Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.

My polaroid tv wont turn on, red light appears and shows the

My polaroid tv wont turn on, red light appears and shows the tv is getting power, but it will not turn on, this only happened after attaching my tv, to my home desktop via a vga cord
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 6 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer the problem you describe is an all too common occurrence with many Polaroid models when connecting to a computer via the VGA port. Disconnect all power to the TV for several hours (6 or more) as well as remove any cables and connections from any external sources and equipment. If re-powering the TV with everything still disconnected does not resolve the problem then the main processor board will need replacing. In the majority of cases the cost of repair not only exceeds the value of the TV but also the cost of a new set. You may want to seriously consider not investing any substantial amount of money into your TV since it also has a history of power supply problems as well.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.