Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

i have a element flx3210 will not turn on has power power

i have a element flx3210 will not turn on has power power light flashes back and forth between red and blue i unplugged overnight and still will not come on only thing that happened was it got unplugged when i plugged back in this happened
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

By unplugging the TV for an hour or more you have done a power reset. If this power reset does not allow the TV to turn on component failure is indicated. These sets are assembled using the wave soldering process they are known for having cold solder connections. The safety circuitry shuts the TV set down when it detects a problem. This model of TV has over 2,000 parts which include millions of transistors inside the integrated circuits. The capacitors will change value, leak and become defective. Resistors will change value and burn. Integrated circuits and transistors can go bad. This can cause other components to become defective, which can have a domino effect and cause other parts to fail. Replacing one defective part may make the TV operate for a short time but the part will fail again since if the parts that caused the failure to begin with are not replaced. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. The element brand TV was manufactured for Circuit City. There is no longer any support available since Circuit City closed. The only way to obtain parts is through ebay. At this time none are available.

If you decide this is not something that you can do and you can find a TV repair shop to work on it I suspect the repair will be in the $350 price range. The TV does have value when listed for parts on ebay. Honestly the money would be spent replacing the TV.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the orange ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.