Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

I have an NEC VT46 projector and the status light is flashing

Customer Question

I have an NEC VT46 projector and the status light is flashing the six flash pattern indicating a lamp error. The lamp light has not indicated lamp at end of life. What can I do? I have rebooted projector countless times and need another option.

Is someone tending to this question - I need to get the projector up and running asap - thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

How long have you owned the projector

When was the last time the lamp was replaced?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Edward - thanks for getting back to me - this is the big question - I need to verify whether it is simply a new lamp required or something else - the lamp indicator has not lit, but we have not replaced the lamp yet and it is certainly at its chronological twilight hours! So the question is whether the status light supercedes the lamp indicator light when the lamp is at the end of its life

Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

As a lamp gets age on it the lamp will draw more then it should. The safety circuitry in the projector will detect a problem and shut the projector down. The lamp light will not always indicate the lamp needs to be replaced. There is a 99% chance that replacing the lamp will correct the problem.

There is no need to accept until you find that replacing the lamp corrects the problem.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the orange ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.