Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

My LCD TV screen is split in half. White screen on one side

My LCD TV screen is split in half. White screen on one side with no images. Images on left side. Started yesterday. TV is 10 months old is it shot?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

This is a very simple approach.

(Please click on high lighted words)
Ok I would like for you to open unit and in the middle of the panel is the T-CONN board, it has the LVDS cable going to it and the main board. First try to wiggle the LVDS cable to make sure no loose connections while set is on. Next disconnect LVDS from T-CONN board make sure to not let the cable touch any metal turn set on and see if screen lights up and with a clear screen. If not ok some models won't let you check this way. But if it does the panel is not faulty it is ok, LVDS or main board or T-CONN issue. So let's hope it's the CABLE, LVDS is loose. If you isolate inside the unit you may find your problem much quicker. GOOD luck friend

Capacitor pictures inverter pictures LVDS cables mother boards

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated