Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

acer tv model al2671W freezes wont let you change channels

acer tv model al2671W freezes wont let you change channels or volume with remote or on panel
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.
Can you verify the model number of the TV? The model number will be displayed on a tag on the back of the TV near where the power cord is attached.

How long have you owned the TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
AL2671W 4 Years
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

The TV will turn on and display a channel, you just cannot change channels using the buttons on the remote or the on the TV?

Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote and see if that makes a difference when the buttons on the TV are used?

Let me know and I will continue.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the remote works fine the tv will lock up after watching for 1hr or so. the buttons on tv will not work, the only way to get it to work, change channels or volume up or down is to unplug the tv for a few minutes or hours. Then it will work again for awhile.
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

I expect the problem is firmware related. This model is known for this problem. Updating the firmware has to be done by a TV repair shop since special tools are needed and Acer does not make the firmware available to the consumer. The only way to know for sure what is causing the problem, which parts that are no longer within factory specs and for proper repair all the electronics must be diagnosed by someone with the correct electronic test equipment and the skills to use the test equipment. I wish I could tell you there was a quick fix or button to push that would fix the TV but that is not the case or the solution needed to get the TV operating correctly.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.
graphic
Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you know how to do the firm ware up date .I do have some electronic repair ability?
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

Electronic training will be needed. To even get the firmware you have to be a repair facility registered with Acer. The needed equipment is expensive and hard to find. I do not have the needed equipment since I do not work on this model TV very often. Upgrading the firmware on this TV is different than many that all you need to do is plug the firmware being into the TV and update it. I wish I could tell you how to update the firmware.

Regards,

Edward

Edward, Technician
Experience: 40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the accept. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. Positive feedback is very important to me. Please leave feedback when you get a chance. Click here if you wish to leave feedback.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward