James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)

How do I display the TV programme details ie programme name

Customer Question

How do I display the TV programme details ie programme name and start and finish time on a LG42SL9500 TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
Hi There,

You should be able to find an info button on your remote, it will either say info or will be a circle with an i in the middle of it. Try pressing that, it should bring up details of the program being watched and the start / finish times.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The info button when pressed does not show what i am looking for. On my previous TV when changing to a different channel the programme name, programme start and finish times were displayed ie East Enders 20.00 - 20.30. My new LG TV does not do this. The info button only shows the Channel ie ITV, the date and time now.
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.

Who is your cable or sat service provider?

Or do you have coax going directly into the tv with no cable box?

Thanks,

Joe

Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
Hi There,

I'm pretty sure that you can't actually get the programme information to show automatically on LG TVs. I've just checked on the two that I have here and it does not appear to be a feature.

The only way to display programme information is to press the info button.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

James, Technician
Experience: AV Service Engineer (4 Years)
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.

If there is no direct connection via coax to the tv then the tv should not show any info as it is mearly a monitor at that point, now with your service provider like lets say you have cable service then ere will be a button on your cable remote to press that will display this info as will the channel guide, once I know your exact service provider I will be happy to list the exact steps in what is required for that info you want. As well please provide me with the cable box or remote model number so I can give you this exact info.

Untill the above info is listed no one can give you an exact answer, but I will be happy to as soon as I know who your service provider is or what model number of the cable box or remote, not all of them have an info button. Just as well the only info button that would work if there was one would be the one on your cable box remote and not the tv remote, unless using the tv freeview, just as well if programming info is not current or not displayed on the channel guide it is blank then no channel info will be given.

Thanks again,

Joe

Edited by ALL AROUND TECH on 2/17/2010 at 9:53 PM EST