Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.

I have a LG plasma tv - picture not working! How much would

I have a LG plasma tv - picture not working! How much would I expect to pay to repair & can you recomment anyone?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rosemary,

Do you have sound and other functions okay (channel/etc). Are you in Australia?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes sound is working ok
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rosemary,

The most common problem with Plasma TVs, where you have sound, but no picture is the Y-sus board. This is the board that provides the high voltage to the plasma display, some models have associated Y-driver boards that could cause the problem also.

A repair of that nature will run about $250 plus labor, if it is just the Y-sus board. If it is one of the driver boards (there are two - usually only one fails), they cost about $125 each plus labor, but sometimes the Y-sus board will have to be replaced also. These prices are US currency.

I cannot recommend a local repair shop for your area - I believe you are overseas from me (I'm in the US), but if you have your user manual, there will be a number to call locally for an authorized service center.