Emily Jayne
Emily Jayne, Technician
Experience:  HND in Technical Theatre (specialising in AV), 3 yrs AV experience working in theatre/live events

do you know the remote code for bell expressvu for LG tv 3

Customer Question

do you know the remote code for bell expressvu for LG tv 37LH20?
Category: TV
Expert:  Emily Jayne replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

If you have tried all the codes listed in the manual it is possible that the remote does not have the code required. On some remotes you may find you can do a code search, which tries every possible code in the remote, it may be worth having a look through your manual to see if this possible. When the remotes are manufactured they are only pre-loaded with a certain number of codes, usually of the most used products available at the time and in previous years.

It is possible, that when the remote was manufactured that your product was either deemed unpopular or was not available at the time. In some cases the remotes have been manufactured months before you actually buy it.

The only suggestion I could make is to buy a "Universal Remote" - I can recommend the Logitech Harmony series of remotes, whilst being rather expensive, they more than pay for themselves in the fact that their "database of products" can be updated over the internet, which means the list of products that they are compatible with is huge compared to that of a relatively basic remote.

The Logitech remotes are also very easy to program, and they come with software that makes it a breeze to set up and control all of your devices.

I hope this helps,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Emily,
Thanks for your response.
Sorry, it didn't help at all, though I appreciate your answer.
I'm sorry, but buying a universal remote wasn't what I was asking about.

I just needed to find out what remote codes would work with a new LG tv and I supplied the info, from Bell Expressvu.

Your response came 24+ hours later, and I thank you for it, but I had resolved the issue with Bell Expressvu much earlier.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Emily,
Thanks for trying, but it really didn't get close to what I was asking. My expressvu receiver comes with it's own remote and I was looking very specifically for the codes that would work with my new LG TV. I've gone through the whole universal remote thing in the past, not interested, sorry. What I was looking for was the most recent codes from either expressvu or LG to run the remote that came with my receiver.
I appreciate your taking the time to respond.