TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

My 42 LG LCD TV freezes up continuously. Apparently we can

Customer Question

My 42"LG LCD TV freezes up continuously. Apparently we can get a software upgrade to solve the issue. Can someone please advise?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 6 years ago.

Moved house several times? I suspect you have an INDOOR antenna and not an OUTDOOR antenna. Just how many miles are you away from the transmitters?

30? 40? 50? Do you know when you must switch from an INDOOR to an OUTDOOR antenna? I think you might be in the outdoor region, because software does not FIX reception problems, they fix audio / video / operational control issues.

So the question I am wondering about is....Is your TV locking UP? Or is the Picture Freezing? There is a difference. One gets fixed by software/hardware and the other gets fixed with a proper aerial.

If you have any questions, just ask.

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT Button

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What I mean by moving house is that we moved house 3 times for other reasons (> 1000 miles), but the problem still continuous regardless of our location. From comments on the internet this seems to be a generic problem for LG TV's.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 6 years ago.

Could be the main board, but the antenna is VERY important on any TV set.

We'll need the full blown model number located on the tag on the right edge of the TV set, and right now LG's new website is still having access issues..

Edited by TV Tech1 on 2/5/2010 at 4:35 AM EST