Bernard S.
Bernard S., Installs and troubleshooting
Experience:  27 years TV retail sales, service and installations
8697087

I need the code to syncn my cable remote with my PROSCAN Model

I need the code to syncn my cable remote with my PROSCAN Model 15OA10CW. The cable box is a Scientific Atlanta -Explorer 4200.

CORRECTION, THE MODEL # XXXXX XXXXXLA10CW. AWAITING A RESPONSE. THANK YOU.

terriejoel25

HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A FEW HOURS!!

IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE THE ANSWER, PLEASE HAVE THE COURTESY TO TELL ME THAT.

Category: TV
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for your patience.

I've just been forwarded this question and I'm just seeing it now.

You can try this site to see if they will have a code that is not known to Cablevision -

http://www.remote-codes.com/

Also, another option -

There are a couple of manufacturers that make remotes that can be programmed (via an on line link thru your computer). These are generally a bit expensive and you probably could buy a new TV for the price of good one. However, they are easy to use afterwards. The Harmony brand seems to be the best of these. You would pay $200.00 to $500.00 for one of this guys.

The other option is to purchase a "learning" remote that you would program. This is less expensive financially. However, it will take a good deal of patience and time to program each and every button on both remotes. You also have to label and learn which buttons will operate which features.

Here is one that we've seen do a good job with most devices -

Please click here - http://www.smarthome.com/80353/Sony-RMVL600-Universal-Remote-Control/p.aspx

A Proscan TV would be manufactured by another third party and they don't always use the same manufacturer. As such , the particular sensor for a Proscan TV might be used in another TV. There is no general listing that gets updated because the manufacturer might choose to use a different sensor if he can obtain it for less money.

So, another option to find a fix is this -

You can go from 0001 (or as many digits as it uses) and try every single possible number and you may find one that works the TV. However, there is no guarantee that you will find one.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

Bernie