Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
3134513

Element FLX18511B - Last night I tried to scan the channels

Customer Question

Element FLX18511B - Last night I tried to scan the channels to see if any new ones were available and the scan returned 0. Now I have no channels at ALL. Tried rescanning - nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

What is being used to supply the signal to the TV?

When did this problem start?

What is your zip or postal code?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am on the 4 th floor and have an antenna on the wall above the TV - no cable

The screen has " No signal " on it

Problem began when I did a channel scan last night.. something I do occassonally to see if there are new channels available. Recently one channel had been dropped.

zip is 21403

Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

The "no signal" indicates that the TV is not getting a good enough signal to get a picture. Make sure all the connections to the antenna are tight. Please click here and enter in the needed information to get information on the antenna you will need at your location.

If you do not find this information helpful please let me know and I will continue.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I checked all the connections.

I moved the antenna around to see if that helped.

No image, no sound.

I am going to try and scan again and let you know if it works.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. I will respond as soon as possible after you make another post.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Whar else do you need to know?

My antenna is a RCA indoor/outdoor but located indoor.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

What was the results of the rescan?

Do you know the model number of the antenna?

Is it amplified?

Edited by Edward on 2/3/2010 at 2:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No change.

I also thought I may have inadvertently blocked the channels but it is requesting a password XXXXX I never gave it a password XXXXX setup........... at least, I don't remember if I did or not.................... no I did not. Ihave a list of all my passwords.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.
I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward