Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.

Our rear projection Hitachi 61 inch tv has a large yellow spot

Our rear projection Hitachi 61 inch tv has a large yellow spot that takes up about 3/4 of the screen. We have changed the bulb and that did not correct the problem. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

From the information you have provided I expect the problem is being caused by a defective optical block, also called a light engine. Click here to view the pricing of the part. I cannot reccomend this as a part a consumer should replace due to the difficulty. Most TV repair shops will charge about $1000 t replace the light engine and make the needed adjustments.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Could it be anything else?
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

No, sorry to say the optical block is causing the problem. This is a very common part to fail on the DLP TV sets. Click here to see what other customers are saying. . I sure wish I had better news for you. Many manifactures are no longer producing DLP TV sets due to the problems with the light engines.

Regards,

Edward

Edward, Technician
Experience: 40+ years in TV repair. Electronics Technician for 40+ years. 50+ as a hobby.
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the accept. If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them. I hope you will return to Just Answer again. Please tell your friends about Just Answer. In the future you can request me personally if you wish. Positive feedback is very important to me. Please leave feedback when you get a chance. Click here if you wish to leave feedback.

There is no need to reply to this post unless you have additional questions. It will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edward