Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

Mitsubishi WD-60735.Blinking green light and then red status

I have a Mitsubishi WD-60735.When I try to turn on the tv it has the blinking green light for about 20 seconds,then the status light will go red.I have to unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times and hit the reset button.When it will finally turn on you can hear the color wheel spin (if its not the wheel spinning its a noise like the tv is powering on),but wen I first try to turn it on the light blinks green and goes to red you don't hear the color wheel spin(or whatever the noise is when it starts up).My friend told me it was the color wheel spinning but not sure if it is.Any help will be greatley appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question.

have you any electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Do you just need the answer for your tech to check?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a little electronic experience.I've put pickups in a guitars a couple of times,changed tv lamps and some other things.

I don't have a meter but have tools

I would like to repair myself

I need the answer to avoid having to bring my tv to a reapir shop and get riped off.

this is a very common sense approach.

(Please click on high lighted words)

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors (you will have to check the board that has the power cable going to it.)

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, But also you can have a bad resistor or diode and even a bad regulator. And this is the problem,

Exchange them and you will be ok, Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and or bonus will be appreciated

Capacitor pictures

.

Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE