Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

My Vizio VW42LFHDTV10A HAS SOUND BUT NO PICTURE SCREEN IS

My Vizio VW42LFHDTV10A HAS SOUND BUT NO PICTURE SCREEN IS BLACK ALL OLTAGES OUT OF THE POWER BOARD OK AND AT THE INVERTER BOARDS NOW HOW DO I PROCEED
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question.

have you any electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Do you just need the answer for your tech to check?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I Have ElecTronic Exp. Grad Devry 1954 EXP. in AERO space and (faa) also TV Repair Retired Over 10 Yrs LCD tv NOT FAMILIAR I have Same Equip Trying To Fix My own Set

( please click on high lighted words)

First make sure to hit the menu button on the TV's remote and if nothing is there then friend while the set is on turn a bright flashlight on and shine at angle into the set push the TV menu button if you can see a image then your backlight is not working. You can also check the transformers they are close to were the wires plug into the panel, make sure all transformers read the same amount of resistance if not you have found a bad one. Now you will have to check to see if the power supply is sending 24v to the backlight, if not the power supply is bad. Cost backlights around 150.00 and power supplies around 100.00. Well this should help you friend.

Good luck friend, and if Efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks

Here is a link to better understand the inverter. within the power supply the capacitors

.