James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)
24944807

My 32 OLevia hdtv (702) keeps shutting itself off. Before

My 32" OLevia hdtv (702) keeps shutting itself off. Before it does that it acts as if it were disconnected from the cable and the picture goes off and it goes to a blue screen with the letters "DPMS standby" in the lower left hand corner. This is not the fault of the cable company because I have another TV hooked up and the picture is OK on it. I've checked all the connections and don't see anything wrong. Help!!!!
Hi There,

Sounds like you just need to turn off the DPMS system, I'd also advise you disconnect your cable box from the wall for 1hour to allow it to reset, this will be sure to cure problems with the cable box, on the off chance that the cable box is also at fault.

To turn off DPMS on your TV you'll need to do the following :

1. Press "Menu" on the remote
2. Use the arrow keys to navigate to "Setup OSD" then press enter
3. Navigate down to DMPS and use the left and right arrow keys to toggle it to "OFF"
4. Press enter to save
5. Exit this screen by repeatedly pressing menu until the screen is clear.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did what you suggested but it didn't change anything. It didn't seem that the "enter" key had any effect. While navigating the menu, I found "factory settings" and entered that hoping I would fix it. Now,instead of "DMPS Standby" it says "No signal." Did I make it worse?
Hi There,

It sounds to me like you are just on the wrong input, re-boot the cable box by disconnecting it from the wall and re-connecting it.

Once the cable box has turned back on, press the input selector (labeled either AV or input) on your remote, repeatedly until you get the picture from the cable box back on.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that helped, but now all the channels read "To Be Announced." What's my next step?
Are you able to view the channels and the EPG guide data shows to be announced ?

Or are you unable to see anything at all ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The TBAs are all defined now and I've got everything back. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Please feel free to use my case as an endorsement. Thanks again, ....Clayton
Glad we finally got there in the end....

Please click accept on one of my answers, as it is the only way I get paid for my time.

Thanks again