Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

HOW DO I REMOVE A DISC STUCK IN MY COMBO TV/DVD

HOW DO I REMOVE A DISC STUCK IN MY COMBO TV/DVD?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially, postback with the brand and model number of the TV/DVD combo.

Offhand, if the DVD unit uses a slot type entry, have you tried using a credit card like something to 'fish' / 'jar' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button? Spraying with a can of compressed air through a nozzle like tubing may also be considered. The idea is to float the disc to initiate the eject procedures. A likely possibility is that the center hole of the disc is stuck to the spindle of the player.

Good luck and thank you for asking JustAnswer.

Edited by Benimur on 1/28/2010 at 2:27 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TOSHIBA MODEL #19LV505

Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Try the initially proposed solution on the slot at the left side of the Toshiba 19LV505.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TRIED USING CREDIT CARD AND ALSO SPRAYED WITH COMPRESSESD AIR. NEITHER WORKED. CAN I REMOVE THE BACK OF THE UNIT TO GET

TO THE DISC? OR DO I NEED TO FIND A REPAIR SHOP?

Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Removing the back cover would only allow you access to the frame and shields which must also be removed. Thereafter the DVD deck must be removed and repaired or replaced otherwise the TV will not be usable as it will still be locked in DVD mode. The system is waiting for a trigger pulse from the DVD deck that the disc has been released / ejected before it will accept any command to switch to other sources.

Unplug the unit for an extended period of time (an hour or so). The ides is to discharge and force the system to revert to factory defaults. Thereafter, try the above again. Should that still be not corrective, then perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center (specially if still under some form of extended warranty) or a qualified professional.

Edited by Benimur on 1/28/2010 at 2:58 PM EST
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.