Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

my Sharp Aquos tv is not turning on. A green light is blinking

Customer Question

my Sharp Aquos tv is not turning on. A green light is blinking but nothing else.
Category: TV
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Can you give me the model number of the TV. I will check my data base for any known problems.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sharp Aquos
Serial # XXXXX br />LC 65B64U
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.
I will open to other experts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.
No problem, could not find the model you supplied.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is what I see On the back panell of the TV
Model LC-65D64U
Thanks Again,Customer
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I received your reply but no answer. Customer
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 years ago.

Hello

I'm sorry for your difficulties here I am a Sharp specialist and know the set very well

Do you have 2 blinking lights or just the one?if so which one opc or standby/power?

Was you watching the set when it went off or did this happen from a first start after being off for a while?

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As I explain in the original question I only have the green power light blinking. nothing else. and no I wasn't waching the tv I just try to turn it on and it refuse to respond.
thank you,
Customer

Hello again

I have checked with Sharp technical for anything that is specific but like most problems with Sharp this isnt the case an elimination process has to be adopted

Sharp tried to incorporate diagnostic software into their sets thats why you have the blinking opc/standby light its meant to give some sort of a diagnosis but its often unreliable if you go here you will see Sharps bulletin on basic troubleshooting for aqous its under D44 but covers all aqous

www.mediafire.com/infotechfile

More often than not the fault is either in priority:

The mainboard or the powerboard, sometimes the inverter can make the set trip too but 90% of the time its mainboard or powerboard

These boards are expensive so if you attempted to do this yourself because of the unreliability in the diagnostic software you could end up with boards you dont need, this is why most of the time a Sharp agent should carry out the work

1-800-BE-SHARP (237-4277)will give your nearest

Charges could be over $500 depending on the strategy of the agent for example if the firmware has collapsed on the mainboard and the set is taken to them it could be considerably less for a repair, as your own board will be reflashed

If you need to ask more questions or need further clarification or indeed you are going to attempt repairs yourself please post back, I can provide you with part numbers for suspect boards and suppliers

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. After all the research I have done on internet, your answer is very accurate.The last estiment I've got was $800 to replace the main board and I can't afford this

What is the firmware and how can the main board be reflush? Can I start with replacing the less expensive parts?
Thank you

Hello

Thank you for your comments

I'm afraid their isnt any "less expensive parts" the MAIN board can be about $250 I think as a board swop, the power board about the same available here

http://www.partstore.com/Model/Sharp/Sharp/LC65D64U.aspx?SearchTerm=True

You would need to take down all the reference numbers from your board to cross reference with whats available above possibly ringing partstore to clarify

I would start with the mainboard but you would also need to ask partstore if the firmware has been loaded onto the mainboard your buying ....sometimes it is not

The firmware is the brains that run the mainboard, as I indicated an Sharp approved agent may reflash with new firmware your existing board, this would reduce the price to $200-$250 for the total repair, assuming the firmware is the issue......it is 90% of the time....

If you need to ask more questions please do so

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Anthony,
Thank you for all your help. I don't know which routh I will take but I apreciate your answer.
please let me know if i can be of a positive reference to you.
Best regards,Customer

HelloCustomer/p>

You could leave positive feedback if you havent done already however I dont know what link to use myself

A option may have come up your end?any how their will be something there for you to leave positive feedback anytime

Many Thanks for accept!

Anthony