Roger, Technician
Experience:  over 38 years consumer electronics bench tech. dlp-plasma.factory trained most brand

Emerson LCD Color TV MOdel LC320EM9 B 120V 60Hz 155W. The

Customer Question

Emerson LCD Color TV MOdel LC320EM9 B 120V 60Hz 155W. The TV was turned off for the night with no obvious problem. It would not come on the next day. A look inside revealed that a 4-Amp 125-Volt fuse had blown. The fuse was replaced but blew again as soon as the TV cord was plugged in. It was replaced a second time but blew again as soon as it was plugged in. What is causing the fuse to blow and how can I repair it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Hello. I will try to help you with this. Most likly you may have had a power surge that has shorted a solid state device in the SMP ( switch mode power supply) or just had a component fail on it's own.Most times i have a short in the power supply it will either be in the main b+ supply to the SMP.( maybe a diode shorted) are you may have the SMP driver FET. shorted.If you have some knowledge in electronics and trouble shooting and the proper tools ( ohm meter/ volt meter) you may be able to find the short.In most cases i have had with power supplys that have shorted, most often you will have to replace the power supply board. as most parts are hard to find and no service information is available for component level trouble shooting. Most times you can find new or good used boards on the Internet using the numbers on the power supply board.This is what i do in most cases and has worked well for my shop. I hope this information will help you. Roger.