Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.

How can iI turn on a rca tv without the remote. The off/on

How can iI turn on a rca tv without the remote. The off/on button is missing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially, have you tried pushing through the hole (where the button used to be) with an insulated rod, something like a plastic pen.

Good luck and thank you for asking JustAnswer.

Edited by Benimur on 1/24/2010 at 10:06 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, that did'nt work.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
I understand.

That leaves only 2 options then:
  • try a replacement remote RM C888 1A;
  • have the TV's power switch looked into and check-up. It may not be a switch issue.

Edited by Benimur on 1/24/2010 at 8:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you turn the tv on with a univeral remote after finding the romote but not the code.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
The code is needed. The universal remote must be programmed using the code.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a rca universal remote rcu41ors 4239p but I dont have the code
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Please re-confirm the model number of the RCA remote control. Might it be RCA RCU410RS?

Still, please click here.

Edited by Benimur on 1/24/2010 at 9:00 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes that it!
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
From the link of the RCA Codes, have you tried: 012, 024, 036, 037, 040, 048, 051?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you did this with the tv turn off.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Yes of course as the remote is the one being programmed and not the TV. Soon as the correct code is programmed into and the TV has no other issue, then it should power on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you give me the steps to programme the remote.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Steps to program the RCA RCU410RS:
  • Press and "HOLD" CODE SEARCH.
  • Press and release the TV button.
  • When the selected device button flashes proceed to the next step.
  • Enter the three digit code above one set at a time;
  • Release CODE SEARCH.
  • Press ON/OFF
  • If the device responds, no further programming is required
  • If the device does not respond, repeat steps 1-5 using the next set of codes.

To confirm that the remote control is working:
  • load fresh batteries;
  • point the remote control to a digital camera;
  • for every press of a button on the remote, there would be a corresponding bright light on the Camera's LCD screen even if invisible to the naked eye;
  • no light per button push, faulty remote.

Edited by Benimur on 1/24/2010 at 9:44 PM EST
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.