James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)

How do I get closed caption on my tv I have dish, thanks

Customer Question

How do I get closed caption on my tv? I have dish, thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

The way you turn on Closed captions depends entirely on the box that you have, I've linked to a page below, which tells you how to turn on closed captions for any of the Dish Network boxes.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This does not show my receiver....It is a model 522 DVR from Dish...none of the instructions include this receiver. Thanks
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Ah ok,

In that case, I'll need the Model and Manufacturer of your TV, with this style of box you need to turn on closed captioning on the TV rather than the cable box.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my tv is a Sony Model KP-61XBR300 ( The label is dim and the R may be a K) Serial number(NNN) NNN-NNNN RA kA
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Model Receiver I sent you was not on the list you returned. I called dish network and was informed that model does not supply CC...Your help was not at all what I needed I had to find the answer myself somewhere else.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Read my last reply. I do not accept your answer because I had to get the answer myself from Sony. I wasted my time with you guys....NO ANSWER NO PAY is your policy. I did not get a usable answer so NO PAY