Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics
22470440

40 lcd screen replacement for a toshiba wii remote hit screen powers

40" lcd screen replacement for a toshiba
wii remote hit screen
powers on and i see lines of color
is this replaceable at a fair price or should i junk it
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Hi, unfortunately I do not have good news: you could buy three TVs for the price of replacing the LCD panel. The LCD panel is in stock (surprisingly) at www.encompassparts.com for $2148.36. Here is a link to the part page:

https://www.encompassparts.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=7888495&smodel=40RV525U

The broken panel would very likely not be accepted as a core, so the $951 adds to the price of $1197.36. The labor to replace the panel at a local shop would be in the $250-300 range (in my area). If that were not bad enough, shipping and tax is not included.

It's not good news, but it is the truth. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in any way.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HOW CAN THEY SELL THEM SO CHEAP, IF REPLACEMENT PARTS ARE SO EXPENSIVE??? WOW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Perhaps it eliminates personnel: warehouse workers, telephone and purchasing people, etc. Which is why I was surprised Encompass had the part in stock.

The problem with extremely high parts prices is also hurting servicers, which is one reason why many shops have closed. Recently, there are fewer and fewer repairs being done outside warranty periods because of the high parts prices.