Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

the lamp light is flashing on the front of my Hitachi 60V500A

the lamp light is flashing on the front of my Hitachi 60V500A and I just replaced the lamp with a brand new one. After installing and reattaching the front panel I am still having the same issue. The TV will not turn on and the light is still flashing. I secured the lamp into the slot and am not sure what else it would/could be.

Hello

Thanks for using this service

Welcome to JustAnswer

Is it just the LAMP light flashing or are any others flashing?

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just the lamp light (i believe it is the one in the middle of the tree on the front panel).

Hello

Simply the lamp door switch OR the lamp switch itself isnt making contact, this code of the LAMP blinking will then appear, you havent mentioned the lamp door switch in your text so try this, as the lamp door closes it will activate a switch that audibly clicks into place, look carefully use a flashlight if necesary to examine the switch on the lamp socket itself or inside the lamp door

Please let me know how you go

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the lamp door switch OR the lamp switch...where are they? I felt the lamp pop into place when i installed the replacement and I used a phillps to secure the screws. Is this something separate? I am at work but will reexamine when i get home and respond. And additional information is appreciated. Thanks

Hello

The lamp door switch will be in a poition so that as the door closes it closes the switch look around the lamp door,I dont have a set near me so cant rem off hand, the lamp switch is in the base of the lamp holder you will need to examine closely you may have damaged either one

Regards

Anthony