Joe, Electronic Tech
Experience:  Over 30 years in electronics, Board Repair, TV's, Gaming,

I have a mitsubishi TV 1080P and the red status light is on

Customer Question

I have a mitsubishi TV 1080P and the red status light is on and the TV will not trun on.

the model #WD57734

Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
Try resetting the set, there is a reset on the front of the tv where the power button is located, just stick the point of an ink pen it it and it will reset itself, if this does not work make sure the lamp door is secure. You probaby need to change your lamp if it don't come on. It takes extra long to turn on. Lots of clicking and a few power cycles? Your TV is trying a few times to get that pesky lamp going. Finally, the process ends with the dreaded. Your lamp is probably burned out.m The lamp can still look good but be bad. They build up a internal resistance and won't let the TV to turn on.