Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

how do i get rid of the black lines on my sony projection tv

Customer Question

how do i get rid of the black lines on my sony projection tv KP-61v80
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-where are these lines and how thick?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The lines are faint ,kind of looks like a very very large straight finger print.

The lines move from top to bottem,from bottem to top....They are fine ,they kind of dissapear if I am not looking for them,light colors see them very well,dark colors the lines are very faint,not as noticable.....Kind of looks like some kind of interfearance....like bad reception,but I have cable , see them on dvd , blue ray , xbox etc....Can tone them down,with contrast and sharpness,but picture doesn't look as sharp .....The tv is 1999

sony projection kp-61v80....the lines amost seem to float.....

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Ok if you press the menu button on the tv itself, can you tell if the lines are in front or behind the menus?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I go to the cable menu ,they are on top...or tv menu ,ontop
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

If they are on top of the tv menu then they are a problem in the video processing on the signal board, the bad news is that this board is $300 for your model and you could expect another $300 for labor from a reputable service company. It is possible that it would be repairable but not likely, however, in order to troubleshoot the problem you would need a o-scope to trace the signals down. This is a very specialized piece of equipment that I am assuming you don't have, but if you do please forgive me, we could troubleshoot this together if you like.

I am sorry to bring bad news, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I kind of hoping it was some kind of dust or somthing, i could clean,but if it not broke don't really want to try and fix it......afraid of making my problem worse....

Thanks anyway.....will accept...

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

I agree with you, if you can deal with the problem then best left alone....sorry no dust causing this.

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
need an e-mail adress to send money through PayPal.........need to update card,can't do that...
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

I will get a moderator to help you with this.

Tim