Roger, Technician
Experience:  over 38 years consumer electronics bench tech. dlp-plasma.factory trained most brand

I have an RCA gemstar 52 projector tv, model #D52130. Last

I have an RCA gemstar 52" projector tv, model #D52130. Last night it just shut off by itself and it will not come on. When I push the start button, the green light in the middle comes on for a second then goes off for a second or two, then comes on for a second, goes off for a second or two, repeating this three or for times,What do you think the problem is? Is it worth fixing? I love the set, and I have never had a problem.

Hello. I will try to help you with this. This RCA D52130 is a CTC211 chassie. This chassie can have a number of problems that will cause the symptoms you have, most times on this chassie i have problems in the power supply circuit, with a 10 ohm resistor opening and a 12v zener diode shorting,also sometimes the HV splitter assembly will short ,also this set has been known to sometimes leak coolant from the CRT's (picture tubes) and cause problems on the power suppl and deflection boards. Most tv repair shops should be able to repair this set for around $350 to $400. I hope this information will help you. Roger.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Roger
Hello again. Your welcome if i can be of any other help please let me know. Roger.