Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.

i have an rca 20f512t truflat tv. how do i reset the fpa lock

i have an rca 20f512t truflat tv. how do i reset the fpa lock if ihave no remote. help please

You need to be able to access the TV menu to disable the Front Panel lock with a remote, the only other way is to have it serviced (eprom is reset) this would exceed the cost of a replacement remote.

You can purchase a replacement remote here.

I've uploaded the manual for you here.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have a universal remote but it is not yet programmed to this tv.

Not to discourage you, but universal remotes are not that universal and do not work with all makes and models. Those that do work, will sometimes only do basic functions like power on/off, channel up/down, and volume up/down - so you may not be able to access the menu to set the FPA off, but its worth a try.

If you can access the menu, then all you need to do is turn OFF FPA, instructions are in the manual I provided.

Have a safe and happy holiday season!