Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My LG plasma has sound but coloured lines and no picture

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Can you verify the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

-If you press the menu button on the tv itself does the menu show?

-can you describe these lines? (what color, how thick, how many, left to right or top to bottom, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi sorry for the delay. The tv is a LG 42" plasma Model: R-42px11. I have tried DVD and satellite, both have sound but no picture just coloured vertical lines like candy stripes. Each stripe is Roughly 1-2cms wide. The vertical lines fill the entire screen. These lines also change colour. When I push menu it does not appear but the lines become blue. The sound is normal, I also tried a new scart cable but with no change! Please help.
Thanks again.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Near the top or the bottom do you have any horizontal lines at all? even just one?