Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Nearly 4 decades of installing and repairing TV's of all types.

my samsung led b6000 picture and sound are out of sync using

Customer Question

my samsung led b6000 picture and sound are out of sync using every input i throw at it? Any info please?
Category: TV
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

If you are using an HDMI cable and you are connecting directly to the TV, the TV should not have any sync issue.

However, we tend to see these audio sync problems when the devices are first being connected to a surround sound system. Are connecting the devices that way?

If so, try the devices directly to the TV without any other device between it and the TV. You would run the HDMI from the DVD player directly to the TV's input on the back

Please let me know how you make out and if you need more information and/or clarification.

bernie

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bernie, I have a PS3, Apple TV 2 Satelite recievers connected directly to the tv and have the audio picture sync issue with all sources? There is no surround system connected to anything! I have the PS3 and Apple tv connected via HDMI and the satelite recievers connected via scart to the supplied adaptor into the back of the tv.
Thanks for such a quick reply! Please help me solve this it is driving the wife mad! I talked her into the tv and now with the sync issue she is ready to kill me!

Thanks

Tim

HiCustomer

I'm going to "opt" out of this question. I don't have enough experience with "scart" connections to diagnose this for you. I suspect that the answer involves those connectors.

This question will be highlighted so that other experts can review this and answer it if they have the information that you need.

bernie

Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 4 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer this model Samsung has been reported to have issues with syncing the sound regardless of input. When this happens, in most cases, the video will lag behind the audio. Is that your situation?

Also, what is the full model number of your B6000 (UE40B6000 or similar)?

Edited by Dan - Master Tech on 12/15/2009 at 6:16 PM EST
I will assume it is the model I mentioned or similar one. What needs to be done is an adustment to the audio delay in the engineer's Service Menu. Depending on the amount of delay, it may require an adjustment of anywhere from about 20ms to 100ms.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for helping me with this one. My model number is XXXXX I have found a code to access the service menu can you advise me as to which setting needs changing please!

Thanks for helping me out with this

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dan was wandering if you got my last reply to you?

Hi Dan, Thanks for helping me with this one. My model number is XXXXX I have found a code to access the service menu can you advise me as to which setting needs changing please! Thanks for helping me out with this Tim

I am more than happy to accept your answer but just need you to tell me where in the service menu i need to change the setting as I have read changing the wrong thing can cause alot of problems!

Thanks

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know what setting in the service menu to change and what to change it too!!!