Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

I have a JVC model AV-48WP74 and will not focus. The blue color

Customer Question

I have a JVC model AV-48WP74 and will not focus. The blue color is separated from the green and red.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem..

(Please click on high lighted words)

Hello, friend you have a convergence issue, first see if they will move manually in your menu, they should be able to move up down left and right, and if not this is when two chips labeled STK392-xxx Failed. They can be located by finding the largest heat sinks in the unit.

Along with the possibility being a open resistor and or open fuse in the convergence circuit . All of the resistors around these chips should be checked pay attention to the ones that are standing up and they all should read low ohms, If they are in the k ohms they are probably open which is bad ,This is a tricky repair, if you have Never done this repair I don't suggest it friend.

But if you are willing to tackle this problem the only step by step procedure I found for you would be to watch someone do the repair, and this I found on the internet in the convergence problem screen. This will give you a idea of the work involved and also what the parts look like. Now I also have sites were you can pull up manuals, check here

Well Good luck friend, and if unit works fine, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated