Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

rca L26w11 volume wont stay up and menu keeps flashing on and

Customer Question

rca L26w11 volume wont stay up and menu keeps flashing on and off
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Most commonly this is caused by a faulty control board (the board with all the buttons on the front of the TV) however it can be caused by a faulty micro as well, the first thing I would do is attempt to clear the EPROM of corrupt data heres how you do that:

Turn the tv on so you have a picture

While it is still on unplug it from the wall

Let sit for 10 minutes

Plug it back in and see if the symptom is better.

If the reset does not work and the control board is found to the failure then unfortunately the way to repair this is to replace all the switches on the control board, this is done by unsolder and re soldering all the new switches in. A repairman will do this for $175-$225.(unfortunately I know this is almost as much as the set.)

There is the possibility that the micro on the tv it acting up as well, if this is the case then most likely the main board would need to be replaced if the reset did not fix the problem.

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the reset worked thankyou
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Well that is great news! I must say I am surprised but that is awesome for you, a lot better than an expensive fix.

Tim