Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

We have an older Emerson... We know the remote works, but the

We have an older Emerson... We know the remote works, but the eye on the older TV is not reading the signal. All we want to do is put it on "game" so the children can use the TV for Game only. Is there some way to get it to go to game on the TV without the remote?
Thank you and GOd Bless.
Patti
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What input are you plugging the game into?

-If you keep pressing channel down on the tv, once you get to channel 4 or lower does it cycle back to the high channels?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is only one place to put the game plug into... the white, yellow and red on the front of the set... and when I hit the down channel the only channels it trys to pull are 2, 3 and 4.
It does not go to the higher channels... I do not have any antenna hooked to it...I only wanted to use it for the Wii.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Patti,

Unfortunately if it doesn't switch to that aux input when you keep pressing channel down, and there is no input or source button on the tv itself then there is no way to switch it to that input for the wii game unless you get a remote, or a universal remote that will program to that tv and allow you to change the input.

I am sorry but it appears that you will need a remote to do what you are asking.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's not the remote... the remote is working ... it is the eye on the TV that reads the remote...I know this because when the TV was still working correctly the remote was interchangeable with my other emerson TV and both of the remotes still work with the other TV... but this TV will just not read any signals from the remote... I thought there was some way of pulling something up on the menu from the controls on the front of the set...
If the answer is NO... only the remote can change it to Game mode.... then I am out of luck..and I think that is what you are saying... am I correct?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

I am so sorry, I completely got your story mixed up with another customers...

I apologize and let me start over...

Yes then if you have a remote that is working but the tv is not reading it then most likely the IR sensor (eye) has failed, however this does require replacement to fix it.

I do not believe there is a way on your model to change inputs from the menu, it is rare to be able to do that and I have not seen an Emerson that can do that. I am sorry to bring you bad news, and I am even sorrier that I messed up your answer, I hope we have it straight now.

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes... And thank you for your time... God Bless..
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Same to you Patti, sorry we didnt have a easier way for you.

Tim