Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

is lg model lc300w02-a5 made for dell as model w3000 lcd tv

Customer Question

is lg model lc300w02-a5 made for dell as model w3000 lcd tv and if so dell model has horizontal bar on left side and looks like vertical and horizontlo sync is out also vertical lin goes out
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-can you get the full model number for the Dell television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

-How thick is the bar?

-Is there any way you can post a picture of this problem so I can see it for myself?

(if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the green tree on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im not able to upload a picture. the bar is on the left side about 8 t0 12 " wide. within the bar it starts with a vertical roll and continues for a while. later it developes into horizontal bars which change color with the rest of the screen later on vertical lin will go out across the whole screen including the horizontal bar. sometimes i power off and turn back on the picture will come on normal but quickly start with the bar and roll.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

-If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu show normal or does this affect it as well?

Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
all input devices show the same problem.when i press menu it still has the problem, but if i connect to an external monitor through the video out the monitor is normal also when i press menu it does not show on the external monitor.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

What you are describing here is actual consistent with that of a LCD panel failure. This is not good news, because the LCD panel if available is always more money than just purchasing a new set. I wish I could see it for myself so I could be 100% sure but from your description I am about 95% sure that what you are describing is a bad LCD panel. Especially if the problem only exists on one side of the screen, this is a common failure for a panel.

I did notice in your original question you were asking if the LG model was the same as the Dell, well I have been unable to confirm this, but I am curious as to why you ask, do you have a LG that you have found for parts?

I am sorry to give you bad news, I know you were hoping for a better diagnosis than that but unfortunately these LCD panels fail a lot more often than we would like. Please let me know if there is more that I can do for you.

I you have any further questions, or would like more information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Also please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied, we have met all your needs and you feel that you can leave positive feedback. If we have not met all the criteria here please let me know and we will continue working on your problem.

Thanks,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i asked about the lg because i was trying to find a service manual for the dell i understand that lg made the set for dell and i was able to locate the lg service manual. just to add the set has been on for hours now and the bars did not show up but vertical li would go out and stretch the top of the picture, would this still be a bad lcd panel or a board that controls vertical and horizontal sync?if i power off for a few minutes the set would come on normal could it be a bad solder joint or connector?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

These new sets are not exactly like the old ones where there was a horizontal and vertical sync, now days everything is done by addressing to the panel and lighting a pixel.

There is a slight chance that you could have a bad main board, but I will tell you 98% of the time when I see this type of an issue it is caused by a bad LCD panel.

If you wanted to try something you could re seat the LVDS cable and see if that helps the problem. On the top of the set there is a thin connector that plugs into a circuit board in the dead center top, take this out and re seat it.

Let me know if it does any better?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for ypur help i will try what you suggest and see if it works thanks again
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Ok sounds good, let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Tim