Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.
13758627

I have a samsung dlp tv that has poor color....like maybe the

Customer Question

I have a samsung dlp tv that has poor color....like maybe the red is missing. What could cause this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Chuck Williams replied 7 years ago.

Hi!

If you press the MENU button on the TV, does the Samsung menu look OK or does it look like it might be missing red, too?

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'll check. Back soon.

OK, just let me know!

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The red looks good on that button, but it looks good everywhere now. This is a problem that is there sometimes, and gone others. Now, tonight, it's fine.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you are watching a high definition set top box, either cable or satellite, and it's connected to your set via the 5 wire component video connection, correct?

If so, what you have is a loose or defective red video cable. Try wiggling it on both ends and see if that doesn't fix it. If you had a problem with the green cable, by the way, you would get no picture at all.

Let me know if that works, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck