Eric, Technician
Experience:  TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field
22241082

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 DLP tv that wont turn on. The

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 DLP tv that won't turn on. The green timer light blinks when the power is on. I have tried hitting the system reset button and unplugging the tv but nothing works.
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

Hi my name is Eric,

I hope I can help you with your issue ,

The TV not starting/booting properly could be the capacitors on the power supply or the whole module

A servicer will charge between $250 and $650 to repair it replacing either the capacitors or the whole board.

here is a DIY (do it yourself) solution:

It could be just a few bad capacitors on the FMT Module also,but most likely the power board

if you want to attempt the repair yourself you can do a visual of the power board caps will appear swollen on top.

We do not recommend do it yourself, but depending on your knowledge and technical ability you may be able to.

with the back removed you will see metal shields covering the board all the way to the left, it has a few capacitors in it that will appear swollen like the photo, cylindrical, soldered in. They are marked on the sides with the positive/negative and MF and Volts values) . these are very tricky to unsolder and install.

Mittsubishi uses 1000Mfd at 16Volts rating capacitors, they cost about $1 each (680mfd will also work fine) usually I replace about four of them (or all the bulged on top ones) .

The Module and back unscrew with a medium philips screwdriver, if you do not know how to desolder and resolder then do not attempt this as you may damage the TV more than fix it.

Im am posting a photo of some swollen caps on a board so you know what they look

like

graphic

graphic

graphic

best of luck to you

Hope this helps, if it has solved your issue please click accept

But if you have more questions please respond and I will reply asap

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Eric,

I'm pretty sure you're right on here. I looked up a bunch of stuff last night and the Mitsubishi DLP's like this one all seem to have the same blinking light issue. Someone suggested using one of the repair kits at this link: http: http://www.tvrepairworld.com/mitsubishi_repair_kits . My question is whether you think this will fix the issue or is even worth trying. I'll be honest, I have never done desoldering or resoldering so if that would be involved with these kits as well then I'm probably more inclined to get a new tv. What would you suggest? Is it worth trying or should I be looking to replace the tv?

Thanks!

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

I wouldn't by the kit , I've heard the kits were like $50 and contain about $7 worth of parts

The capacitors cost about $1 each.

If you don't solder don't even attempt this repair.

The new 50" Mitts DLPs were $799 on Black Friday,

Its up to you , at least you are well informed now

Best of luck

Hope this helps, if it has helped with your issue please click accept

Thanks