dan the tv man
dan the tv man, Technician
Experience:  I average over 1000 repairs on LCD,PLASMA, and CRT based televisions annually

Menu keeps appearing on my TV screen Philips 50 Flat Screen

Menu keeps appearing on my TV screen Philips 50" Flat Screen. Hit menu button TV station appears for a few seconds and then Menu screen reappears can't get Menu to go away. Model 50PF7220A/37 Philips

I have already paid a deposit please call me (NNN) NNN-NNNNcell (NNN) NNN-NNNNhome XXX@XXXXXX.XXX Email
Category: TV
Expert:  dan the tv man replied 4 years ago.

HelloCustomer

In looking over your problem i think i can help get it figured out.

We need to isolate the front or side control buttons, to determine the problem being with the brain of the tv or the buttons them self that are failing and making the brain think you are pressing the menu button(which will generally lock the tv up all the way).

Take the back off and find the wire going from the main board with all the connections and external inputs on it and the front or side buttons. Find that wire and unplug it from either the main pcb or the little button pc board. then plug the tv back in and see if the problem goes away. If it acts ok after unplugging the little board , the button board is the problem, if it is still running through the menu, you problem is with the main pcb(scaler board).

The little pcb with the microswitch /buttons on it should be inexpensive and easy to install yourself, if the scaler pc board is the problem this will need installed and is a bit more expensive, although i think the front button board is the problem,

sincerely,

dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. Do you know anyone that can fix this for me. I live in Calif city of Indio, zip 92203.

I don't want to take the panel off and try to fix it myself. Can you recommend someone to help me and give us an estimate in advance?
Please Call me(NNN) NNN-NNNNcell(NNN) NNN-NNNNhomeXXX@XXXXXX.XXXCustomeruser name Hal Tobin is my name.

Dear Hal,

I am from Northern Indiana, i do not know of anybody i could recommend out of state. However the BBB and yellow pages would be where i would start. i would ask on the phone if they are an Authorized Phillips Repair shop, if yes they should be o.k. This is troubleshooting tv's 101 for any repair shop i would gather.

good luck,

dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you interview a Philips repair person to insure that they know what they are talking about to fix my problem? Please find a repair person for me and talk to them to about my problem. I am located in Indio, California 92203 my Philips Model # XXXXX XXXXX I will pay you a little extra if you can get me a repair person to handle my problem.
Hal Tobin - ID(NNN) NNN-NNNNcell(NNN) NNN-NNNNhomeXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

yes, on Monday morning i will contact a servicer in your zip code, i will talk with them and give you my opinion on the ability they have to take care of you. Are you able to take the tv to a shop or would you want in-home service?

thanks,

dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In home repair needed. Thank you for your help in arranging a repair man.
Please let me know on monday who you have contacted.
Hal Tobin(NNN) NNN-NNNNcell(NNN) NNN-NNNNhomeXXX@XXXXXX.XXX email

Hello again,

From the research i have done there are 2 service centers in your area that service your zip code. One of them Franks tv service, is not an authorized service center for your unit. Sears at 1-760-645-6731 does cover your zip code they are authorized and the support that sears gives to the technicians is superior to many other servicers. They have an $89.00 trip and diagnostics that go towards the repair if you have it fixed. They cannot give me specific dates because i have no address and i am no the potential customer. best of luck

dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you talk with them and do they feel they can fix the problem? I found this same company and I had called them but I just was not sure they could help but if you believe they can help me. I will contact them again. Please let me know if you talked to them directly about my specific problem.
Hal Tobin(NNN) NNN-NNNNcell(NNN) NNN-NNNNhomd

Through Sears you cannot speak to a technician, it is strictly a call center. However Sears is very good and the technicians call back to a main headquarters to have assistance in -home. I am quite sure he will be able to take care of you. Give him a printout of what i told you and this will only solidify his determination

thanks,

dan

dan the tv man, Technician
Experience: I average over 1000 repairs on LCD,PLASMA, and CRT based televisions annually
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You have done a great job, I will follow up with Sears repairs. I accept this answer and will pay you. How do I give you a bonus for your extra help?
Hal Tobin(NNN) NNN-NNNNcell(NNN) NNN-NNNNhomeXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

You are more than welcome. I am glad i was able to help. When you agree, there will be a prompt to add on. thank you so much.

sincerely,

dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dan how do we stay in touch if I need your help again? Please give me a direct email address or some way to contact you directly. I appreciate your help.
Hal Tobin(NNN) NNN-NNNNcell

you may directly request me on Just Answers. this will be the best way as i am very busy and would not want to viotate any jsutanswers policies.

thanks again.

dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok Thanks
Hal Tobin