Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My Sony xbr is blinking seven times - high voltage shutdown

My Sony xbr is blinking seven times - "high voltage shutdown" but I don't know what I should be checking. Can you provide a lay persons explanation?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using this service

Welcome to JustAnswer

Could you please provide the full model number usually found on the back?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for responding, especially on Thanksgiving. The model number is: KV40XBR800.

Hello again

This 90% of the time for 6 and 7 blink error codes on this model is usually failure on the D board of IC6501 and IC8002 both are MCZ3001D available here

An ability to solder and de-solder is required as is to own a quality soldering iron as the print is double sided the chips are difficult to get out, however use of good desolder braid will make it a lot easier, all available from Radio Shack or equivalent

The D board makes up part of the powersupply and deflection and is mounted just to the left with the bulky horizontal output transformer on

Alternatively you could take the board out and despatch to a company called ringing them first for advice on charges

A technician would charge $200-$300 for this repair depending on where you are

If you have questions or need more advice please let me know